PHHP Office Move Plan 2015
In order to allow our faculty and staff to work more closely together, use our spaces more effectively, and better accommodate and plan for our continued growth, the College of Public Health & Health Professions will be doing a series of office moves over the course of the next few months.
This page will serve as the hub of information regarding PHHP's summer/fall office move project. Further details will be added as they become available.
During the course of this project we'll be moving faculty and staff from four different buildings. These moves will be done in "waves."
Rooms currently vacant will be filled first. Then rooms recently vacated will be cleaned, painted and patched as needed. Once that work has been done, those rooms will be filled. This cycle will continue until all four waves have been completed.
- June 11: Andrea Burne and Stephanie McBride will take inventory of the furniture of the affected rooms.
- June 22: Shred-it will deliver shredding bins to the HPNP Building, Dental Ground Area and Dauer Hall.
- June 22-July 17: Faculty and Staff of all departments, especially those who are moving offices, are encouraged to clean house and purge all unneeded materials. Items to be put into storage should be properly boxed and labeled (see "General Rules" below).
- June 23: Stephanie will do a walk through with EPI, the painting company. Only some offices in HPNP will be affected.
- June 25: Stephanie will do a walk through with the OEC furniture company in the morning and a moving company in the afternoon. All four buildings will be visited.
- June 26: Stephanie will do a walk through with a moving company in the morning. All four buildings will be visited.
- July 7: The first batch of boxes will be delivered at approximately 10am. Stephanie will distribute them by department throughout the day.
- July 8: Stephanie will do a walk through with Quality Painting Masters, the painting company. Only some offices in HPNP will be affected.
- July 8: Shred-it bins will be emptied.
- July 10: Items in the East Campus Office Building (ECOB) storage rooms will be purged and/or surveyed out.
- July 17 (ish): Shred-it will retrieve bins and dispose of all contents
- More dates and times will be posted as they are determined. Re-keying will be the last component and will not happen until all moves are completed.
- Please label all of your boxes with the Destination Building, room number, and your last name. Where pertinent you need to also note the date the files within the box can be destroyed.
- All boxes moving to the Dauer storage rooms must note the destruction date.
- IT will assist with moving computers/printers and phones. Please understand that during some waves, due to volume, we may have a delay in being able to set up the computer.